Our mission is to engage and advise students in identifying their academic, professional, and personal goals, and develop an informed plan to realize those goals during their journey toward timely graduation in an accessible, welcoming, and safe environment.
To be the premiere academic advising resource through which all SAS students realize their highest personal and intellectual aspirations, as a foundation for creating an informed and ethical citizenry.
- Educate students on the scope, strengths, and benefits of an arts and sciences degree
- Assist students in the realization of their academic and intellectual aspirations
- Guide students toward creating realistic degree completion plans, using developmental advising, emerging scholarship, and research-based best practices
- Empower students to embrace self-direction and move confidently toward the achievement of their own educational and professional goals
- Review and monitor students’ degree progress and inform them of any new policies or changes that impact their curriculum