School of Arts & Sciences Class of 2022
In preparation to begin your undergraduate education, we ask that you complete required placement tests within 30 days of accepting your admission.
The Rutgers Placement Tests determine the courses you are eligible to take in English, math and foreign languages. All incoming first-year students at SAS are required to take placement testing (see exemptions below), including testing in the foreign language the student studied in high school or which he/she speaks as a native speaker.
Information about placement testing, including sample questions, can be found at http://oirap.rutgers.edu/testplace.html.
Students who meet the following criteria are exempt from needing to take the placement test:
- Exemptions –Math Testing
- AP Exam in Calculus AB or BC with score of 4 or 5
- Exemptions – English Testing
- Evidence-Based Reading & Writing (EBRW) SAT score of 650 or higher
- Critical Reading SAT score of 650 or higher (by Jan. 2018 test)
- ACT Reading score of 32 or higher (by Jan. 2018 test)
- AP Exam in English Lang/Comp with score of 4 or 5 (already completed before 2018)
- AP Exam in English Lit/Comp with score of 4 or 5 (already completed before 2018)
- AP scores must be sent to Rutgers from the College Board. Go to: https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores.