Students in Transition Seminar (STS) and Passport
The Students in Transition Seminars (STS) are one-credit courses that serve as a personal GPS system in order to navigate the University, the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS), and the services that SAS provides.
- Help transfer students to make a smooth transition to Rutgers
- Provide the information and self-assessment skills necessary to facilitate successful academic performance and to address developmental needs during the first term
- Begin the development of necessary information technology skills and provide an introduction to the computer resources available at Rutgers
- Provide students with information about the services available at the College that will ensure academic success
- Promote the student's successful connection with the institution academically and socially
Every transfer student will be registered in a transition seminar during their first semester.
Passport events are listed with dates, times, and locations in the passport each semester.
Events which require registration are available at the STS Passport Event Registration Site.