Welcome to the Remote Fall 2020 Semester! Here are some deadlines, tips and links to help you succeed.
- What deadlines and dates should I be aware of?
- How can I find and manage my classes remotely?
- How do I get support for my academic success?
- Last day to add a class using WebReg: Monday, September 14
- Last day to drop a class without a W: Monday, September 14
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a W: Monday, November 30
- Labor Day, No School: Monday, September 7
- Class day change: attend MONDAY classes: Tuesday, September 8
- Daylight Savings Time ends
Turn the clocks back 1 hour: Sunday, November 1
- Election Day – Don’t forget to vote! Tuesday, November 3
- Class day change: attend FRIDAY classes: Wednesday, November 25
- Thanksgiving Holiday: No School: Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27
- Last day of Classes: Thursday, December 10
- Reading Days Friday, December 11 & Monday, December 14
- Final Exam Period Tuesday, December 15 – Tuesday, December 22
Where are my classes?
- Find your classes on Canvas
- Find your classes on Sakai
- Check the Schedule of Classes to learn which learning management system each course uses
- Check your My.Rutgers Dashboard using the My Course Schedule and My Course Activity widgets
When do my classes meet?
- If you see specific Days of the Week and Times, then the class meets live remotely, usually using Zoom or WebEx. You are required to be logged-in and in virtual attendance at those times. This format, sometimes referred to as SYNCHRONOUS REMOTE, emulates the face-to-face classroom experience and all students will be meeting together with the instructor at the designated times. You can ignore the Campus Location since the course is meeting remotely.
- If you see “Hours by Arrangement” or “N/A” under the listed time, then the class does not have specific meeting times. Rather, the course site will indicate weekly requirements and assignment due dates. In addition, flexible opportunities to meet with TAs, instructors, and classmates via Zoom or WebEx will be a part of these classes. This format, sometimes referred to as ASYNCHRONOUS REMOTE, provides flexibility for students who prefer not to log in at a fixed time or reside in another time zone. These courses still require the same number of hours per week as more traditional course formats and meet the same learning goals. These courses ARE NOT self-paced; there is a weekly schedule beginning the first week of classes with flexible opportunities for live, remote, interaction.
How can I meet with my advisor or ask questions?
- Live Chat - weekdays 9am – 5pm
How can I set-up an appointment with my advisor?
- Advising appointments begin September 15
- Call 848-932-8888 to set up an appointment
- Coming soon! Look for our new on-line appointment scheduling system!
How can I be successful in a remote learning environment?
- How to Succeed in Online Courses
- On Line Learning Tips from Fellow Students
- Success at Rutgers
- SAS Office of Advising and Academic Services
- Office of Disability Services
- Veterans House
- Dean of Students
Although you may not be “on campus,” the SAS advising community is here to support you – we’re just a click away!