Here are some deadlines, tips and links to help you succeed.
- What deadlines and dates should I be aware of?
- How can I find and manage my classes remotely?
- How do I get support for my academic success?
- Last day to add a class using WebReg: Wednesday, January 27
- Last day to drop a class without a W: Tuesday, January 26
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a W: Monday, March 22
- Martin Luther King Day, No School: Monday, January 18
- First Day of Classes: Tuesday, January 19
- Last day to opt for WINTER SESSION 2021 P/NC Conversion: Wednesday, January 27
- Spring Break! Saturday, March 13 – Sunday, March 21
- Daylight Savings Time begins, Turn the clocks ahead 1 hour: Sunday, March 14
- Last day to withdraw from the university: Monday, April 19
- Pre-registration for Fall 2021 begins: Monday, April 19
- Last day of Classes: Monday, May 3
- Reading Days: Tuesday, May 4 and Wednesday, May 5
- Final Exam Period: Thursday, May 6 – Wednesday, May 12
- University Commencement (format TBD): Sunday, May 16
- Window to opt for SPRING 2021 P/NC Conversion: Thursday, May 6 – Wednesday, May 19
Where are my classes?
- Find your classes on Canvas
- Find your classes on Sakai
- Check the Schedule of Classes to learn which learning management system each course uses
- Check your My.Rutgers Dashboard using the My Course Schedule and My Course Activity widgets
When do my classes meet?
- If you see specific Days of the Week and Times, then the class meets live, on-line, usually using Zoom or WebEx. You are required to be logged-in and in virtual attendance at those times. This format emulates the face-to-face classroom experience and all students will be meeting together with the instructor at the designated times. You can ignore the Campus Location since the course is meeting on-line.
- If you see “Hours by Arrangement” or “N/A” or no course meeting information, then the class does not have specific meeting times. Rather, the course site will indicate weekly requirements and assignment due dates. In addition, flexible opportunities to meet with TAs, instructors, and classmates via Zoom or WebEx will be a part of these classes. This format provides flexibility for students who prefer not to log in at a fixed time or reside in another time zone. These courses still require the same number of hours per week as more traditional course formats and meet the same learning goals. These courses ARE NOT self-paced; there is a weekly schedule beginning the first week of classes with flexible opportunities for live, remote, interaction.
How can I meet with my advisor or ask questions?
- Live Chat - weekdays 9am – 5pm
How can I set-up an appointment with my advisor?
- Advising appointments begin January 28, 2021
- Set up an appointment using RU-Scheduler
How can I be successful in a remote learning environment?
- How to Succeed in Online Courses
- On Line Learning Tips from Fellow Students
- Success at Rutgers
- SAS Office of Advising and Academic Services
- Office of Disability Services
- Veterans House
- Dean of Students
Although you we not be “on campus,” the SAS advising community is here to support you – we’re just a click away!