SAS Registration Information and Add/Drop Dates – Fall 2023
Please note that the following information pertains to add/drop for already-existing registrations.
The final date to appeal to initiate a late registration is Friday, September 8.
Add/Drop Period: September 5 - 14, 2023
Where to add/drop classes: WebReg: webreg.rutgers.edu webreg.rutgers.edu
6:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
On-Line Schedule of Classes: sis.rutgers.edu/soc sis.rutgers.edu/soc
View open and closed courses, registration restrictions (in the section notes), course formats, and search Core Curriculum courses.
Thursday, SEPTEMBER 14 IS THE LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE WITHOUT A "W"
Things to keep in mind when adding and dropping classes:
Registration & Advising Assistance:
- Advisors are available on SAS Live Chat beginning Tuesday September 5 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays during add/drop to assist students with registration questions and issues.
- We will return to regular hours of operation on 9/18.
- Advising by appointment (Zoom and in person) will resume AFTER add/drop on Monday, September 18.
If you need registration assistance, do not make an appointment – go directly to SAS Live Chat for immediate assistance!
Things to consider:
- Remember: 15 credits to finish!
- The maximum credit load is 20.5 credits for students in good academic standing.
- Review your WebReg schedule when you finish dropping courses to be certain your registration is correct.
- Travel time between campuses must be a minimum of 40 minutes.
- SAS students may use WebReg to withdraw from courses through October 30 as long as they retain 12 credits of active classes.
- Non-traditional students may use WebReg to withdraw from courses through October 30 as long as they retain 1 active course; there are NO REFUNDS for classes withdrawn after September 14.
- Requests for permission for non-traditional/reduced credit load must be approved before September 5.
Important Dates: Bookmark this link!
- Labor Day – University Holiday, offices closed Monday, September 4
- Fall 2023 Classes Begin Tuesday, September 5
- Saturday Classes Begin Saturday, September 9
- Last Day to Drop a Course Without a “W” Thursday, September 14
- Last Day to Add a Course using WebReg Thursday, September 14
- Last Day to Cancel Registration and Receive 100% Refund Monday, September 18
- Registrations Cancelled for failure to acknowledge RU-HERE Thursday, September 21
- Last Day for Seniors to elect the Pass/No Credit option Friday, September 29
- Spring 2023 Schedule of Classes Available Monday, October 16
- Last Day to Drop a course by Withdrawal** Monday, October 30
- ATTEND THURSDAY CLASSES Tuesday, November 21
- ATTEND FRIDAY CLASSES Wednesday, November 22
- Thanksgiving Recess November 23 - 26
- Registration for Spring 2023 begins Monday, November 6
- Last Day of Classes Wednesday, December 13
- Last Day to Withdraw from school (drop all classes) Thursday, December 14
- Reading Day Thursday, December 14
- Final Exam Period Friday, December 15 – Friday December 22
Confirm the Accuracy of Your Schedule:
- It is the personal responsibility of all students to confirm that they are registered appropriately.
- Check your registration status to be certain that withdrawal attempts are successful.
- View your final exam schedule here: https://finalexams.rutgers.edu
Adding a Class After the Add/Drop Period:
Adding a class/section after September 14th is generally not permitted and requires instructor permission.
- Contact to the instructor or the department offering the course to request permission.
- If granted, permission must in an email from the instructor’s official Rutgers email.
- If the course is full, permission must include a special permission number.
- Log onto SAS Live Chat and share permission form with an advisor, who will assist with registration.
**Remember: there are NO refunds for withdrawing from a class after September 14th.