Quick Questions at the Counter
Academic Deans are available at every SAS Advising Center Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 5:00 pm unless the University is closed. You will be able to ask a question or two at the counter. If the counter Dean finds your questions require more time, an appointment will be recommended.
- Submit major and minor declaration online @ mymajor.sas.rutgers.edu.
- Change your graduation date @ mygraddate.sas.rutgers.edu.
- Submit Transfer Course Preapproval forms to take non-Rutgers courses.
- Get help with registration.
- Get help with forms.
- Senior check.
- Take a semester off – discuss your Leave of Absence and plan for return.
- Learn how to use online tools.
- Use student workstations to submit online forms.
You are encouraged to meet with an advisor at least once a semester to discuss interests and long term plans. Appointments are made in advance by calling or visiting an SAS Advising Center. Your appointment may be on any campus and with any SAS Academic Advisor. Your meeting will be 15-20 minutes in length, so arrive to your appointment prepared. In order for your appointment to be productive:
- Be on time. Please leave adequate travel time as you may have to reschedule if you are late.
- Arrive with questions for discussion.
- Ask for advice on course registration and academic planning.
- Discuss degree requirements, including SAS Core, Majors, and Minors.
- Plan a reasonable and timely graduation date.
- Post-grad planning.
During pre-registration, have a list of proposed courses for the next semester, including alternatives. We encourage you to use planning tools such as Degree Navigator, WebReg, and Course Schedule Planner to review any pre-requisites or restrictions on courses you are interested in taking.