The SAS Peer Influencer initiative was created to establish a population of student influencers who encourage SAS school identity, work with advisors to support student progress, and assist faculty in promoting participation in SAS programming.
What is an SAS Peer Influencer?
An SAS Peer Influencer conveys information to current and prospective SAS students about the programs and services the SAS Office of Advising and Academic Services (OAAS) provides. The Peer Influencer assists with University Open House, APA days, participates in programs planned by OAAS and plays a vital role in facilitating the adjustment of new students to the University community. They will serve as a positive social media influencer in SAS social media campaigns. The Peer Influencer position is an outstanding opportunity for any student interested in gaining leadership skills and contributing to the Rutgers and SAS communities. They will be trained in effectively spreading SAS messaging, social media responsibilities, and the fundamentals of SAS policies and procedures.
What we require:
- Must be an SAS student
- Leadership development potential
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for Rutgers University and the School of Arts and Sciences
- Good academic standing (2.5 cumulative GPA and/or demonstration of continued academic improvement)
- Good disciplinary standing
- An understanding of social media trends
- Reliability, responsibility, maturity and the willingness to help other students
- One professional reference
- Attendance at all SAS Peer Influencer trainings
- Attendance at the annual Rutgers Open House and spring APA Days