01:090:210 (Fall/Spring) 1.5 credits
Are YOU career ready? Almost 60% of college students today do not feel prepared to compete for jobs.1 How can you find a career with PURPOSE that allows you to thrive?
Career Explorations in Arts and Sciences is a new course for SAS Sophomores and Juniors that will help you to:
- Understand your purpose: Assess your interests and values; identify career and life skills you are building at SAS.
- Explore careers: Research careers you can enter, from those directly related to your major, to careers in BUSINESS & other fields!
- Develop your skills: Learn to talk with employers and parents about career-specific skills you are learning as you study arts and sciences; connect with young alumni; develop your resume and plan for next steps.
- Have fun creating your pathway to a purpose-filled life and career after college!
What students are saying about the course:
- " I had a great time in class this year and I learned a lot, and I feel much more prepared to take on the job market than I did this time last semester."
- "For my full time job, I'll be starting as a management consulting analyst for Accenture, but I'm looking to explore more, and this class definitely helped me position myself to pursue that."
- "The classroom environment allowed for students to create their own paths and adapt the material to how they saw fit for their own needs. This is how I found myself."
- I just wanted to let you know that the[recruiter at the] information session that I attended for [class] has just offered me an internship. I would have never gone to the information session if it was not for your class! Thank you so much since its my first internship and honestly I did not think I had enough experience to land any internship."