Internship opportunities offer you the chance to gain unique insight into a particular field and to achieve work experience and skills essential to success in today’s marketplace. The Internship process begins with you reviewing the different ways to complete an internship. Once you have selected the best option, you must apply for the internship by the deadline.
Three internship programs to explore:
- An internship course offered by your major department.
Please connect with your major department directly
- An internship course offered by Career Exploration & Success
Rutgers Internship and Co-op Course (RICC)
- SAS E-Credit Internship Program (not for degree credit)
SAS E-Credit Internship Application
Why choose the 1 E-credit internship?
- The GPA requirement is a 2.0 last term and a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- No degree credit is awarded, so there is no coursework to complete.
- Your supervisor submits an evaluation when you have completed the internship.
E-credit Internship Virtual Drop-In hours with Dean Bonny for the Spring 2023 semester 2/23 through 5/4:
Thursdays 4PM-5PM https://rutgers.webex.com/rutgers/j.php?MTID=me8a533f42680de6224370a9a54bc75da
(No drop-in hours on 4/13)
SAS E-Credit Internship Program 01:090:200
(1 E-prefixed credit, not for degree credit)
The SAS E-Credit Internship Program is available for students pursuing an internship for which they will receive 1 E-credit, credits that appear on the transcript, but do not count into the credit total for graduation.
Please follow these steps:
- Please attend a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) workshop through Rutgers Global
- Please complete the CPT online form and upload offer letter here: RGlobal student services portal. Note: The internship duties must align with your major.
- If approved, you will be registered in the semester indicated on your CPT, which means you will pay per-credit tuition costs plus fees for summer internships.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must be a currently enrolled Rutgers-New Brunswick student in your sophomore, junior, or senior year.
- You must be a full‐time student, excluding the one-credit internship registration.
- Students must find and apply for the internship on their own.
- You must submit an offer letter with your application.
- The organization offering the internship must require that the student be registered as a condition for the internship.
- The SAS 1 E-credit internship does not award degree credit. The 1 E-credit will not count toward graduation.
- If you apply for this internship, you may take it over the Summer Session, but you will not see it appear on your registration until the Fall or you may take it over Winter Session, but you will not see it appear on your registration until the Spring. (Does not apply to students seeking CPT.)
- If you participate in a Winter Session internship, you will not be able to apply for this internship in the Spring. If you participate in a Summer internship, you will not be eligible for a Fall internship. (Does not apply to students seeking CPT.)
- The cost for the 1 E-credit is folded into your full-time registration and is part of your full-time tuition. (Does not apply to students seeking CPT in Winter or Summer Session.)
- Once you submit your application to the email on the top of the form, please allow 3-5 business days for a response.
- The course is graded on an S/U basis (Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory. The grade is determined by an evaluation that will be completed by the internship supervisor.
*Please note: the School of Arts and Sciences will not enter into any form of indemnified or hold-harmless agreement or contract with any person, company, corporation, organization or governmental agency or office regarding any internship.