Internships can generally appear on a Rutgers transcripts in one of three ways:
- Through an internship course offered by the major department (variable credit)
- Through an internship course offered by Career Services (3-6 credits)
- Through the SAS College Internship Program (1 E-prefixed credit)
SAS College Internship Program
The College Internship Program is available for students pursuing an internship for which they will receive 1 E-credit (credits that appear on the transcript, but that do not count into the credit total for graduation nor is the grade computed into the GPA).
Deadlines for internship applications are as follows:
Please note: the School of Arts and Sciences will not enter into any form of indemnified or hold-harmless agreement or contract with any person, company, corporation, organization or governmental agency or office regarding any internship.
- Participants must be currently enrolled Rutgers-New Brunswick students in their sophomore, junior, or senior year.
- During the semester the student is registered for the internship, the student must be a full‐time student excluding the one credit internship registration.
- Students must be in good academic standing to be eligible for the e‐credit internship program
- Students must find and apply for the internship on their own; SAS Office of Advising and Academic Services does not assist students in identifying or procuring internships.
- The organization offering the internship must require that the student be registered as a condition for the internship.
- The course registration is for E1 credit (credits that appear on the transcript, but that do not count into the credit total for graduation nor is the grade computed into the GPA) and is available only during the Fall or Spring terms. Students completing summer internships typically register during the following fall semester. The course title is Internship and the course number that will appear on the student’s transcript is 01:090:200.
- The course is graded on an S/U basis (Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory). The grade is determined by an evaluation that will be completed by the internship supervisor at the conclusion of the internship.
- Students wishing to withdraw from the internship registration must submit a request in writing to the SAS Office of Advising and Academic Services at least two weeks before the end of the internship as stated on the application. Students wishing to withdraw without a “W” from the internship registration must submit a request in writing to the SAS Office of Academic Services no later than the end of the first week of the internship as stated on the application. Students who do not meet the stated deadlines for dropping or withdrawal and who do not complete the internship will receive a grade of “U.”