Internship opportunities offer you the chance to gain unique insight into a particular field and to achieve work experience and skills essential to success in today’s marketplace. The Internship process starts with you reviewing the different ways to complete an internship. Once you have selected the best option, you must apply for the internship by the deadline.
Internships may appear on your transcript in one of these ways:
- Through an internship course offered by the major department (variable credit)
CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECTORY OF RUTGERS CREDIT BASED INTERNSHIP AND CO-OP COURSES/PROGRAMS
- Through an internship course offered by Career Exploration and Success (3-6 credits)
PLEASE GO TO CAREER EXPLORATION AND SUCCESS
- Through the SAS College Internship Program (1 E-prefixed credit, NOT FOR DEGREE CREDIT)
CLICK HERE FOR THE SAS COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION
SAS College Internship Program
(1 E-prefixed credit, NOT FOR DEGREE CREDIT)
The SAS College Internship Program is available for students pursuing an internship for which they will receive 1 E-credit, credits that appear on the transcript, but do not count into the credit total for graduation.
Why choose the 1 E-credit internship?
- The GPA requirement is a 2.0 last term and a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- There is registration credit only. No degree credit is offered, and so there is no course to complete.
- Your supervisor submits a simple evaluation when you have completed the internship.
Please follow these steps:
- Please attend a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) workshop through Rutgers Global
- Please complete the CPT online form and upload offer letter here: RGlobal student services portal
If approved, you will be registered in the semester indicated on your CPT, which means you will pay per-credit tuition costs plus fees for summer internships.
- Participants must be currently enrolled Rutgers-New Brunswick students in their sophomore, junior, or senior year.
- During the semester the student is registered for the internship, the student must be a full‐time student excluding the one credit internship registration.
- Students must be in good academic standing to be eligible for the E‐credit internship program
- Students must find and apply for the internship on their own; SAS Office of Advising and Academic Services (OAAS) does not assist students in securing internships.
- The organization offering the internship must require that the student be registered as a condition for the internship.
- The SAS 1 E-credit internship does NOT award degree credit. The 1 E-credit will NOT count toward graduation.
- If you apply for this internship, you may take it over the Summer Session, but you will not see it appear on your registration until the Fall -OR- you may take it over Winter Session, but you will not see it appear on your registration until the Spring.
- If you participate in a Winter internship, you will not be able to apply for this internship in the Spring. If you participate in a Summer internship, you will not be eligible for a Fall internship.
- The cost for the 1 E-credit is folded into your full-time registration and is part of your full-time tuition.
- Once you submit your application to the address on the top of the form, please allow 3-5 business days for a response. A business day is considered every official working day of the week. Typically, these are the days between and including Monday to Friday and do not include public holidays and weekends.
- You typically do not need an appointment to apply for this internship. Please drop off your completed application to any SAS Advising Center. If approved, OAAS will register you for this internship.
- The course is graded on an S/U basis (Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory). The grade is determined by an evaluation that will be completed by the internship supervisor at the conclusion of the internship.
*Please note: the School of Arts and Sciences will not enter into any form of indemnified or hold-harmless agreement or contract with any person, company, corporation, organization or governmental agency or office regarding any internship.